President Dick Wolff: 2018 – 2019 Presidential Goals
The 2018 – 2019 Presidential Goals have been developed to support and perpetuate our Strategic Plan, which consists of five Strategic Initiatives:
Strategic Initiative #1: Be one of the 10 largest Rotary Clubs while increasing member engagement in service and fellowship.
Strategic Initiative #2: Select and support several major community transformational projects.
Strategic Initiative #3: Support the growth and strategic initiatives of the Toledo Rotary Foundation to enable increased sponsorship of community and international projects and agencies.
Strategic Initiative #4: Continue to enhance the Club’s internal effectiveness while increasing the visibility and recognition of the Club’s efforts and influence in Northwest Ohio.
Strategic Initiative #5: Increase participation in Rotary International and District 6600 initiatives.
Goal #1: Continue to increase our club’s membership while enhancing our membership experience
- Target members who will be committed to Rotary;
- Target demographic segments, businesses and organizations in our community that are under-represented or not represented in our club;
- Offer and promote varied committee, service and fellowship opportunities;
- Give committee and project leadership roles to members under 40 years of age.
Goal #2: Continue our commitment to identify and participate in transformational projects
- Complete our current commitments to the early childhood literacy program in East Toledo and water project in Honduras, and continue to support our district’s ongoing efforts to assure the long term health of Lake Erie;
- Identify and define our next transformational project(s);
- Analyze our current funding methods for transformational projects and determine if different or additional methods are necessary.
Goal #3: Promote the growth and scope of The Toledo Rotary Foundation
- Regular presentations of Foundation grants at Monday meetings;
- Have prior grant recipients talk at Monday meetings about the impact of the grant they received ;
- Promote different ways of supporting the Foundation on a quarterly basis.
Goal #4: Educate our members and the public about Rotary
- Regular presentations by and about Club members, committees and projects at Monday meetings;
- Regular communication of Board actions to members;
- Develop and implement a marketing plan that promotes Club projects and accomplishments, as well as the Rotary brand, in social and traditional media on a regular basis;
- Promote the work and impact of Rotary International.
Goal #5: Leverage the power of Rotary by working with others
- Joint community project with other clubs in our Presidents’ Council (Bowling Green, Maumee, Perrysburg, Reynolds Corners, Sylvania and Waterville);
- Participation with other Rotary clubs in international projects using District and Rotary International matching grants;
- Seek project and funding partnerships with other organizations and businesses;
- Special Polio Plus Fundraising Event.